MRPA Volleyball Tournament Program
MRPA provides adult volleyball teams the opportunity to participate in a State (post-season) tournament. Team and individual awards are awarded to the tournament champions and runners-up will receive a team award. Tournaments are conducted in state-of-the art facilities with qualified officials. Tournament format advances a majority of the teams.
I. Registration Procedures:
A community’s league director is the liaison between the volleyball teams and the MRPA. The league director receives all registration forms and other information from the MRPA and is responsible for filling out all forms and distributing pertinent information to all league teams.
- The director should first assign classifications to all teams in the league, bearing in mind reclassification procedures.
- The next step is to complete the MRPA team registration form(s) and return with the $18 sanctioning fee to the MRPA by the January 15 deadline. There is a $5/team late charge after that.
- Following the registration of teams, the MRPA will make available to the league director and teams, the following materials and services:
- The opportunity (upon qualification) to compete in the State Tournament.
- Accessibility to and the services of MRPA state rules interpreter.
- The opportunity to have representation and input into the MRPA Recreational Sports Commission, the 11-member governing body of adult sports in Minnesota.
- Direction from, organization of, and accessibility to the MRPA State Program Director.
- The services of qualified game officials.
- All league mailings.
II. Team Rosters:
- Team rosters must be on file with a community’s local recreation department by the first game.
- Leagues not run by MRPA-member recreation departments must submit their rosters directly to the MRPA.
This also applies to independent teams.
- No roster changes may be made after February 15.
III. Entry Fees:
Entry fee for the Volleyball State Tournament is $185 ($195 after February 15).
Thank you league directors and participants for supporting MRPA events!